Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eduardo, a gold digger


My story is just quite ordinary. Twenty years of my conscious life in Southern California passed to no purpose. I always wanted to be another man, not the one I was in reality. It seemed to me that I could study better than did and I hadn’t got an opportunity to choose good friends. We are all miners’ children in our district Imperial. Our forefathers were those very gold diggers, who mined gold several centuries ago during the famous gold-rush. My forefathers came to California craving for gold as long ago as the 18th century. It was always difficult for migrants to start new life. I felt inexpressible painful anguish for all previous generations. Most of gold mines in our state are closed now and only the mine Meskit in the district Imperial is still successfully working. I tried to paint, to wash cars, I worked as a driver and a waiter, but I considered all professions to be uninteresting and tiresome. And only when I began mining gold, my life became bright. I wasn’t attracted by the gold glitter, I didn’t get into a lather as other gold prospectors did. I was pleased by the very process of weighing mined gold and mute rivalry among gold diggers. To be honest, gold is rarely found and it is difficult to mine it, but for those who can do this, it is the most satisfactory and exciting work in the world. So it was for me. I was already 22 years old, I liked my work, I was quite satisfied with everything in my life except my appearance, I wasn’t very handsome from birth. I got my hawk nose from mother, I was as tall as my grandfather and it seemed to me that I looked more like a strapper-teenager. I thought it was just the time for turning from a skinny youngster into a man. Some gold diggers were more skillful and successful than me for good reason. There isn’t a single magic formula for success but I know many outstanding miners I had a chance to observe working. They all had some common characteristic features: they were strong, healthy, with great will-power, you could feel their independence and authority from a distance and, of course, women liked them much. I also wanted to be popular among girls and had future plans for family and children. But my private life left much to be desired and I decided to start perfecting my body. I began attending the gym, pumping iron, in other words, I tried to increase my muscle bulk somehow and make my muscles more noticeable and attractive. Either I was a bad sculptor or I hadn’t enough will-power, but the process was very slow and tiresome. Muscles grew bigger but there wasn’t marked improvement. Once my workmates, gold diggers told me a story of our foreman John. It appeared that this sturdy fellow John was also thin and unpretentious 10 years ago. He not only worked out but also toke some anabolic steroids. It changed to better not only his body but all his life. Once after a good working week I asked John to tell me the scheme of his trainings. He recommended taking somatropin – a recombinant growth hormone identical to the human’s growth hormone in its structure and effects. Somatropin is a polypeptide which consists of more than two hundred amino acids! It not only regulates protein metabolism, stimulates transportation of amino acids into a cell and synthesis of proteins, but also decreases the level of cholesterol and adipose tissue in organism, increases the number of triglycerides, minimize insulin surge, prevents dehydration and reduction of nitrogen, natrium, potassium and phosphorus in organism. In short, after two years of regular sport trainings and somatropin injections I gained muscle bulk, became self-confident and felt much more comfortable than earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment